Boston Marathon 2015

Boston Marathon 2015
Rainy and windy

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Under Armour Performance Mouthwear Maiden Voyage

So I got my custom fit "Under Armour Performance Mouthwear" in the mail from the lab yesterday, supposedly proven by research studies to improve athletic performance and tried it out on the morning run for the first time today. Initial impression--neutral. It felt fine, but with my mouth mostly just hanging wide open to suck in maximum oxygen as is typical, it's difficult to see how it could make any difference. My pace on the run was identical to yesterday, but my HR was lower by 6 BPM, which is a good thing, but could just be the result of another day's rest since the weekend and no wind. Still, we'll use it some more and see. Not sure about using it for the twenty miler this weekend, but..........

Wed 4 Miles 8:48 pace HR 146

No comments:

Post a Comment