Boston Marathon 2015

Boston Marathon 2015
Rainy and windy

Friday, March 5, 2010

Like A Dear In The Headlight

Few new things happening on the morning runs these days, but this
AM proved you never know.

I had just set off down the path at Kensington, 5:30,a bit late for me and on a Friday, for the first time this training cycle. Sixteen degrees, no wind, nice moon, very quiet. As I'm nearing the first quarter mile marker, a dark form looms in the distance and is quickly discernible as a car, parked in the moonlight in the middle of the path with lights extinguished and the motor running. Homeless sleeping, drug running, or...................no time to think, barely enough run to squeeze by the car with snow banks on both sides of the path when in the illumination of my bright headlamp up pops a lovely female form clad in.....well...... nothing. No sign of her cowboy.......oh well maybe she was just changing her cloths. Red retinas in the headlamp. Me streaking on by. Very WELL clad, myself. Interuptus maybe, a man, but relief on their end, I suspect, that I'm not THE MAN.

On my way back on the trail, off clicks my headlamp in the more than adequate moonlight , I return a half hour later to the same spot and to.................... a guy taking an early morning walk. "Good Morning", "Good Morning". Not nearly as exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment