Boston Marathon 2015

Boston Marathon 2015
Rainy and windy

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hunger

When Austin would wake up and get something to eat in the middle of the night in the midst of heavy duty triathlon training I could never quite believe it. But even though I ate what felt like a fair amount yesterday, I woke up at 3 AM this morning with hunger pains and couldn't get back to sleep until I got something in the tummy. Crazy. It did, however allow dozing-in much later than usual and do the morning run well past dawn. It was a chilly, breezy 35 degrees and very light rain with just about everything sore. Better by the end, though.
Then back home to finally take down the outside Christmas lights and clean up the debris field from the shattered floodlight I hammered and spewed with the snowblower six weeks ago. MAYBE about time. Combined with the fact that Zach and Chris and I got the grapes pruned on Friday ......I think we're all ready for the season to change. Zach was actually very helpful carrying lots and lots of pruned "sticks" to the "BIG pile". The fact that there seems to be train track in the garden also failed to escape his powers of observation. Oh, boy---looks like some work to do there, maybe a good project for TAPERTIME.

Boston Marathon numbers have been assigned and after having a number in the 19,000's two years ago and the 17,ooo's last year, based on my previous qualifying times, this year I'm

15,452

which means I'll start in the fifteenth corral. That's still in the second wave starting at 10:30 but closer to the front of it. I still might decide to start a corral or two further back, just to help resist going out faster than I should, but at least the number indicates slightly more respectability.

Sun 5 miles 8:48 pace forgot the HR monitor just as well Kayanos

Weekly Mileage 36

No comments:

Post a Comment