Boston Marathon 2015

Boston Marathon 2015
Rainy and windy

Friday, July 23, 2010

Great Fun In The Sun

So Austin selected components and built me a road bike that I could use for Triathlon racing, general road use and potentially go to Ted when after I wipe out, breaking multiples bones and retire from racing --pass it on. It's based on a Cannondale CAAD9 frame, aluminum with a carbon fiber fork. I feel good on it and it fits like a glove.

The Pterydactyl Tri this past Wed was a rerun of the Tri at Island Lake a month ago, except this time I was nine minutes faster overall, second in my age group instead of third and four minutes faster on the bike for the major part of my improvement. Really a blast. Chris, Liz, John Zach and Leah came to watch me compete again too, which was great fun. Two different guys came up to me after the race and asked me where I got my smokin' hot bike.

Marathon training has suffered, but oh well. Gotta work in a long run around a trip to cousin Bill's Wampler's Lake party tomorrow. Very hot and very muggy these days. Thank goodness for AC for sleeping and today's babysitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment