Boston Marathon 2015

Boston Marathon 2015
Rainy and windy

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Training -Footprints In The Snow


With the left knee still sore at the holidays, it was time to determine if a spring marathon was going to be a possibility or just a nice thought. That is to say, I felt like I needed to start the training cycle and see if upping the mileage would make it better or worse. At the same time, I met with Clarice Brown, Chris's old boss, the physical therapist who had made my first custom orthotics four years ago for a new pair. After nearly five thousand miles my old ones have definitely given me admirable service.

Mostly, so far, so good. So, on the horizon is the Eiffel Tower-- the Paris Marathon is the goal on April 10th. I'm a few weeks behind my usual training plan, but we'll see.

It's bitter in these parts. 4 below zero for the run this morning with sticky, then icing eyelashes that actually started to limit my visibility toward the end of the run.

Joining a fitness center three weeks ago, I have been heading over there on the mornings of the two off-running days of the week, mostly for the swimming which is still a struggle, but hopefully improving slowly.

On another optimistic note, the days are getting longer and we're all getting more Vit D. Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment